Yesterday, I got a text from one of my subscribers, Brooke Merkle, while she was on vacation. When CBS News profiled her less than a year ago, she had taken her family on 3 JGOOT-inspired trips and was going on her fourth trip to Hawaii. She’s now gone on ten trips that she found with the help of her $100 per year JGOOT subscription. TEN TRIPS at an average savings of $350 per person, per trip.
Granted, Brooke is a teacher, and she gets out of town more than most of us she and her husband travel just about every time their kids have a school break…
Brooke’s schedules aren’t the primary reason they are traveling more than they used to.
- The reason Brooke’s family is now traveling more is that they no longer occasionally look for a vacation, painting themselves into a corner asking something like “What will it cost to go to Cabo for Spring Break?” (For a family of four, that can easily be a $5000 to $10,000 question.)
- Instead, they now watch for deals every day with a slightly different question in mind; “What exceptional travel deals that fit my schedule in the next several months can I take advantage of?” (Which can easily be a $500 to $2500 question. Yes… For a family of four, and yes – during peak times like weekends & holidays when everyone is out of school.)
This site is not for you if…
- If you tend to wait until a month before a trip, and you have a very specific timeline to work with.
- It’s also not for you if you’ve got your sights set on a specific place at a specific time every time you travel.
You don’t need my services in either of the above scenarios. You have two choices:
- You can keep looking the way you always have, find exactly what you’re looking for on Travelocity or Expedia, and pay the prices they’re charging.
- Or you can read this free report at least 3 months before you expect to take a trip (preferably 6 or 8 months in advance).
Either way, you don’t need a JGOOT subscription. The fares I share on JGOOT have about a zero chance of helping you if you have little to no flexibility on when/where you want to travel. If that’s the case for you, I don’t advise wasting another minute on my site.
Although The JGOOT Way WILL allow you to take a family of four on vacation for the same price as what 90% of other travelers pay per person…
…it simply won’t work if you aren’t willing to make some slight adjustments to take advantage of the deals that are there for the taking day in and day out.
- Sometimes, that might mean snatching up a trip to Belize, Aruba, or Thailand instead of Cabo (Yes, when you travel The JGOOT Way – you can vacation in Thailand for the same freakin price as what most people pay to go to Cabo.)
- Other times, that might mean vacationing the second week of July instead of the third week…
- Maybe it means booking a Thanksgiving vacation instead of Winter Break because the same destination is 1/3 the cost
- Or taking a Thursday to Thursday trip instead of Saturday to Saturday.
- Or maybe taking an extra day off of school/work
If you want to start spending less than what 90% of travelers spend on travel – you have to stop thinking like them.
Little adjustments to how you travel can mean massive savings.
Is JGOOT the best site for you to save big on your next trip?
I don’t know.
Although my trip alert service has a 30-day no-questions-asked refund policy, feel free to try the following first:
- subscribe to my free trip alert service,
- check out other free tips on my blog,
- and watch the free Youtube page.
If The JGOOT philosophy resonates with you, great. If not, that’s cool too. If you have a strict schedule with no flexibility, there is no need to fill your inbox with trips you can’t take advantage of, and you can click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
[UPDATE: Upon returning from her 11th trip (a $450 first-class round-trip flight to the Dominican Republic) Brooke responded to an announcement that I needed part-time help. Now, she works on the JGOOT team!]