$90 purchase that can earn points worth $100 to $2000
Remember the guy who earned over a million miles by buying 12,000 pudding cups?
This hack might not get you 1.2 million miles, but it will get you nearly 10,000, and it’s a LOT easier.
And before you turn your nose up at 10,000 points that most people only know how to redeem for a $100 gift card at Applebee’s…
Properly redeemed – 10,000 Membership Reward (AMEX) points can actually be worth $500 to $2000 in luxury travel!
As you know – Labor Day is a big weekend for sales.
I’m not normally a big shopper, but I AM big on spending the money I’d be spending anyway – where I can get 50% to 2000% of that money back in the form of points.
Today, a company called NordVPN is having a sale, and has partnered with a company called Rakuten. This partnership is an absolute dream for anyone who knows the *true* value of a frequent flyer point.
Here’s why this is worth considering:
1) Anyone who travels uses countless free wifi signals, and hackers use wifi signals to steal the identities of unknowing victims. Norton VPN protects you against those hackers.
2) This sale will allow you to have a VPN (Virtual Private Network) for up to 6 devices for 2 years – which can be a godsend when traveling. Instead of the normal $322, they’re currently offering this service for $89.
3) If you join Rakuten, they’ll reimburse your first $30 in purchases (or give you 3000 Membership Rewards points).
4) If you purchase Norton’s service through Rakuten’s link – you’ll either get $67 back, or 6700 points.
Hint: Combined, that’s 9700 points – which is worth a minimum of $97 in travel, BUT…
Wisely used – 9700 points can be worth as much as $2000 in free travel, so I recommend taking the points.)
5) Although this isn’t a 100,000 point signup bonus, but this hack doesn’t require the hassle getting a new credit card. Get good at identifying points deals worth 10 or 20 times what you’re buying, and you’ll be able to travel like royalty. No juggling of credit cards required.
Here’s how to do it:
- Click this link to sign up for Rakuten. (Note that it’s a referral link, so we’ll be given 3000 points for referring you, and you’ll be given $30 or 3000 points (hint: take the points).
- When setting up your account, go to “my wallet” and change your setting from “cash back” to “points” and enter your Membership Rewards number. (Note that you must have an AMEX card that contributes to Membership Rewards. If you don’t have that this won’t work, but you can click here to get one for next time)
- Once logged into Rakuten – search for Norton VPN and verify that they’re still offering 75% cash-back (which can also be converted to points)
- Click the link Rakuten provides and choose their 2-year package.
- Wait for the points to be added to your account, and start looking for transfer partners
Don’t worry about how to turn 9700 points into $2000 right now. If you have an AMEX card – JUST GO AND GET THE POINTS!
We’ve got plenty of free tips on how to turn points normally worth a mear 1¢ each – into 5, 10, even 20¢ each in our free Facebook group. There is plenty of time to figure that out. For now – just go and get those points!